Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Justin Bieber 'Doesn't Really Care' What People Think Of His Haircut

'I was inspired by yours,' Bieber tells Ellen DeGeneres of his new hairstyle.
By Jocelyn Vena


Justin Bieber appears on "Ellen" on Wednesday
Photo: ABC

Justin Bieber made headlines on Tuesday when it was revealed he had cut his hair, opting for a shorter, cropped version of his famous swooping hairstyle. The star sat down with talk show host Ellen DeGeneres on Wednesday (February 23) to talk about the new look, and even had a special treat for the comedienne.

"I was inspired by yours," Bieber joked about what motivated the change, adding that he knew people would protest the new look. "Yeah [people were freaking out], but I was like, 'I don't really care.' "

Bieber then preceded to hand a lock of his famous sandy-colored hair to the host, with one major caveat. "Yes, it's really my hair, but there's a perk. I wanted to do something good. I'm giving pieces of it to different people," he explained. "The thing is, we're doing something special. We want you to donate it to whatever charity you want."

DeGeneres agreed, also requesting that the star sign something to auction off with it. She announced that she'd be giving the money raised in the auction on her website to the California animal-rescue center the Gentle Barn.

DeGeneres tried to cut Bieber's hair last May when the teen star stopped by her show. Holding up scissors, she said she wanted to cut "just a little" bit of his famous hair. He declined, but did share his secret for perfect hair. "Like five minutes," Bieber explained. "Like seriously. ... I get out of the shower, I blow-dry it and it's done in five minutes. I just shake [my head]."

Bieber is out promoting his 3-D movie, "Justin Bieber: Never Say Never," which is being re-released on Friday with additional footage.

Do you like JB's new 'do? Sound off below!

Related Photos Related Artists

T.I. Usher Kanye West Michael Jackson

No comments:

Post a Comment