Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Nicki Minaj Ready For Pink Friday Follow-Up -- After Mystery Collabo

'I handed in a verse to a very special lady that I think is gonna rock people's world,' she teases MTV News.
By Jayson Rodriguez, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Nicki Minaj
Photo: MTV News

Nicki Minaj is still pushing her debut album, Pink Friday, but the Lil Wayne protégé is ready to get back in the studio.

She took time out from recording recently to prep for the I Am Still Music Tour.

"I slowed down because I been rehearsing," Nicki told MTV News. "I couldn't do a lot of stuff. There's things that are pending that I have to turn in."

But prior to the tour kickoff in Providence, Rhode Island, the Queens MC put pen to pad for several contributions to future projects from her Young Money/ Cash Money Records family and another she was particularly tight-lipped about.

"I had to hand in a Carter IV verse. I handed in a verse to Birdman, and I handed in a verse to a very special lady that I think is gonna rock people's world," she told MTV News.

"I love keeping secrets," Nicki added, smiling. "That [last] one is gonna rock some boats."

Soon, she said, she'll begin the first stages on her follow-up to Pink Friday. Her video with Rihanna for "Fly" and the "Super Bass" clip are scheduled to arrive next. However, she already has a release date in mind for her sophomore set — though she's reluctant to broadcast the info.

"I can give you an idea," she said, coyly. "But I don't want to. I'd rather not right now. Because then everybody is gonna jump on the bandwagon and say they're putting out their album the same day."

Are you looking forward to new music from Nicki? Let us know in the comments!

Related Artists

Led Zepplin Robert Pattinson Oprah Winfrey Beyonce Knowles

No comments:

Post a Comment