Wednesday, January 25, 2012

T.I. And Young Jeezy Join Tyga's All-Star 'Rack City' Cast

'To have two of the legends that I'm big fans of on the record is crazy,' Tyga tells MTV News.
By Rob Markman, with reporting by FLX


T.I., Young Jeezy and Tyga
Photo: MTV News

The "Rack City" remix video is shaping up to be quite the all-star affair. If Fabolous and Wale weren't enough for fans, Tyga went ahead and recruited two more rap heavyweights for the clip.

Last week, the Young Money solider set up shop in Atlanta and invited T.I. and Young Jeezy to guest on his street hit and its upcoming visual.

"I heard the record, loved it, seen it go crazy in the club. I couldn't visualize it without a Young verse on there, so I just went ahead," Jeezy told MTV News from the video set. "The homey hit me up for the video, and we in the A-Town, we in the city, we here, turnt up."

Usually, pulling features from such big names is quite the chore, especially for newer artists like Tyga. But already, the "Rack City" remix features some pretty notable MCs, with the Snowman and Tip just the latest to jump onboard. "I didn't think the song would be bigger than outside of L.A., because that's like an L.A. sound," Tyga said, "So to have two of the legends that I'm big fans of on the record is crazy."

When talking about his decision to jump on the record, T.I. was as nonchalant as could be. "For me, I got reached out to. They told me to add my two cents in, so I did just that," Tip said. "When they told me the video was coming, I picked out an outfit."

During a separate January shoot for the same video, Wale joked about the influence Tyga's "Rack City" had on strippers. "I'm just happy that I can be a part of a record that's influencing and making so many young, ambitious dancers so much money," Wale playfully told MTV News while shooting the song's video down in Miami on January 13. "It's very beneficial to so many young women across the country. The strip clubs are stress relief. Welcome to Rack City!"

What do you think Jeezy and T.I. will add to "Rack City"? Let us know in the comments!

Related Artists

Brad Pitt Justin Bieber deadmau5 Drake

No comments:

Post a Comment