Sunday, April 29, 2012

Katy Perry's 'Part Of Me' Film Inspired By Madonna

Perry says Madge's 'Truth or Dare' is 'amazing, because it caught her at a time when she was a bit more vulnerable.'
By James Dinh

<P>Much like her pop-star peers, <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/perry_katy/artist.jhtml">Katy Perry</a> cites Madonna as a big influence, especially on her <a href="/news/articles/1682409/katy-perry-part-of-me-trailer.jhtml">"Part of Me" 3-D concert movie</a>, which hits theaters July 5, which was partially inspired by the Queen of Pop's 1991 film "Truth or Dare." </P><P> </P><P>In a recent interview with <a href="http://www.teenvogue.com/industry/coverlook/coverlook-may-2012/katy-perry-teen-vogue-photos" target="_blank"><i>Teen Vogue,</i></a> the always-colorful starlet spoke about her upcoming big-screen adventure and how "Truth or Dare" led to its creation. </P><P> </P><P><center><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:756526/cp~vid%3D756526%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A756526" width="460" height="260" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="."></embed></center> </P><P> </P><P>"Madonna is everything to me, and that movie is amazing, because it caught her at a time when she was a bit more vulnerable," Perry said of the film, which chronicled the icon's Blond Ambition Tour. "I wanted to do that too, to capture a snapshot of who I am now so that I can remind myself what I've lost if I ever do become totally jaded." </P><P> </P><P>The <a href="/news/articles/1682426/katy-perrys-part-of-me-concert-film-gets-personal.jhtml">topics covered in "Part of Me"</a> include the singer's strict, religious upbringing, being dropped from her label early in her career and her candy-coated California Dreams Tour. Perry, who spent much of 2011 and early 2012 on the trek, explained that her interest in documenting her life began even before the tour started. </P><P> </P><P>"When we started to book these really big venues, I felt like I was going all in," she said. "And I figured that by the end of it, I'd be bankrupt, or else I'd look like the smartest music businesswoman of my age, and I thought either outcome would be interesting." </P><P> </P><P>More importantly, the chart-topper wanted the general public to see how the Katy Perry machine really works. </P><P> </P><P>On Tuesday, the <a href="/news/articles/1682468/katy-perry-part-of-me-trailer-key-scenes.jhtml">trailer for the anticipated flick surfaced</a>, appeasing Katy Cats for the time being. In the two-minute preview, Katy's rise to stardom remains a key theme of the film as flashback footage and photos of the singer's younger days is shown. </P><P> </P><P><i>Are you excited for Katy's concert movie? Share your thoughts below!</i> </P><P></p>

Related Artists

Madonna Simon Cowell Miley Cyrus Kobe Bryant

No comments:

Post a Comment