Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Chris Brown Calls Rihanna/ Drake 'What's My Name?' Remix 'Dope'

Brown's ex-girlfriend and Drizzy get flirty with each other in song's lyrics.
By Jayson Rodriguez


Chris Brown
Photo: Getty Images

Chris Brown appears to have a measured take on Rihanna's new single, the "What's My Name?" remix featuring Drake.

The singer took to his Twitter account over the weekend to weigh in on the track.

" 'What's my name' is a dope record!!! (I see you deAn)," Brown wrote, referring to the song's co-writer and Brown associate Ester Dean.

On the song, Rihanna, Brown's ex-girlfriend, and Drake get flirty with each other in the lyrics. Rih Rih and Drizzy had a brief fling following Rihanna's breakup with Brown.

"Not everybody knows how to work my body," Rihanna sings. "Knows how to make me want it/ But boy you stay up on it/ You got that something/ That keeps me so off balance/ Baby, you're a challenge/ Let's explore your talents."

Drake counters Rihanna's saucy come-on with his own risqué rhymes.

"I heard you good with them soft lips," the Toronto lyricist spits. "Yeah, you know word of mouth/ The square root of 69 is 8-something, right?/ 'Cause I've been trying to work it out/ Good weed, white wine, I come alive in the nighttime/ OK, away we go/ Only thing we have on is the radio/ Let it play, say you gotta leave, but I know you wanna stay."

Earlier this year, Drake touched on his relationship with Rihanna on "Fireworks," the opening number from his debut, Thank Me Later.

In an interview with MTV News on the day of his album release, Drake opened up about his time with Rihanna, saying she made him feel like an unknown kid from Toronto all over again.

"She's just such an overwhelming and incredible person," Drake explained. "And such a talented person and someone that I was like, 'I can't believe I'm here talking to this individual,' that she just gave me that feeling like when I was 17 years old trying to take Nikki Ramos, this girl from Toronto, out on a date and she never wanted to go with me. She never would go; she would have a million excuses why she couldn't talk to me. That's how [Rihanna] made me feel, she made me feel small; she made me feel nervous. It just put me back to the Acura in Toronto, feeling like Aubrey Graham, not Drake."

Related Artists

Bruno Mars Nicki Minaj Paramore Katy Perry

No comments:

Post a Comment