Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Katy Perry Sees 'All Kinds Of Emotions' In Her Fans

'It turns me on to stare someone deep in their eyes,' she tells MTV News of looking out at the crowd during California Dreams Tour.
By Jocelyn Vena, with reporting by Sway Calloway


Katy Perry
Photo: MTV News

Katy Perry is currently on her California Dreams Tour, inspiring fans with anthems like "Firework." But, as it turns out, Perry is just as inspired by her fans as they are by her.

"It turns me on to stare someone deep in their eyes," she tells MTV News of looking out into the audience every night on her tour. "Sometimes I see all kinds of emotions. It's a lot of emotion.

"It's lovely, too, because I love people that are passionate about life and music in general," she continued. "Music has been such a helping tool for me to get through so many things. That's why I write a lot of times, is to continue to evolve as a person, and I can see the same thing has happened with other people; they've just adopted the song for themselves."

What's also inspiring Perry these days is outer space. She headed out of this world for her just-released "E.T." video, and she credits her new wave of fans for finally embracing the pop singer, allowing her the opportunity to be truly creative.

"It's pretty exciting that I have the opportunities now to work with great directors and have 100 percent of my voice heard," she said. "That's always been the challenge as an artist, is for other people to jump onboard and see your vision correctly. And that's why, sometimes, it's hard for me to break out, especially on other labels, because my vision was always so strong, and I think with Teenage Dream, the record on a whole, I knew I wanted to give so many different flavors, so many different ideas and just make a different movie for each song, and I feel like I've done that."

Which Katy Perry song inspires you? Let us know in the comments!

Related Videos Related Artists

David Letterman Tyler Perry Jennifer Aniston Brad Pitt

No comments:

Post a Comment