Saturday, April 23, 2011

Lady Gaga Feels She's Been 'Probed Endlessly' About Who She Is

'Judas' singer goes on curse-filled rant in new issue of NME.
By Jocelyn Vena


Lady Gaga
Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage

Lady Gaga is on the defense these days. Fans aren't sure how they feel about her Born This Way cover art, and in the new issue of British music magazine NME, the singer felt the need to let the world know that she's not some gimmick and her shtick is the real deal, protruding face bones and all.

"Let me tell you something. If you f---ing rip my hairbow and my wig off my f---ing head, my shoes, my bra, every single thing on my body, and you throw me on a piano with a microphone, I will f---ing make you cry," she proclaims in the magazine, which hits newsstands on Tuesday (April 19). On the cover, Gaga appears in a see-through body suit, with zippers over her lady parts, wearing heavy eye makeup, her now signature "BTW" prosthetics and a wig she wore in the "BTW" video.

"I feel I have been probed endlessly about who the f--- I am," she continues. "I have been quite open about it. And still nobody seems to have a clue."

Gaga recently unveiled her second single, "Judas," off her May 23 album release. Parts of the song may pay homage to some of her past hits, but it is certainly not the type of pop song that Katy Perry or Britney Spears would record. "I'm not going to start churning out what you expect," she said. "If you want me to be a manufactured act, you can f--- off."

The star also defended her prosthetics recently in Harper's Bazaar. "Well, first of all, they're not prosthetics. They're my bones," she said in the issue. "They've always been inside of me, but I have been waiting for the right time to reveal to the universe who I truly am. They come out when I'm inspired."

She mirrored that sentiment on her Twitter page on Tuesday, writing, "Born This Way is who I am. An artist in a constant state of half-fantasy/half-reality at all times."

Related Photos Related Artists

Beyonce Knowles James Cameron Tiger Woods Britney Spears

No comments:

Post a Comment