Sunday, July 15, 2012

Katy Perry Explains Why Divorce Is In 'Part Of Me'

'If I can help someone else out ... and they're inspired to keep moving forward, then I've done my job,' Perry tells MTV News.
By Kara Warner

<P>One of the many likable things about <a href="http://www.mtv.com/music/artist/perry_katy/artist.jhtml">Katy Perry</a> &#8212; the artist as well as the person &#8212; is that she is very grateful for her fans' support and, as such, wanted to share with them as much of her behind-the-scenes story as possible in <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/movie/500048/moviemain.jhtml">"Katy Perry: Part of Me,"</a> in theaters now.</P><P>And while much of the film is a concert movie, bringing fans as up close and personal to her California Dreams world tour as possible, there are several more emotional moments that address <a href="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1687341/russell-brand-katy-perry-divorce.jhtml">Perry's split with Russell Brand</a>.</P><P>When MTV News caught up with Perry, we asked what she hopes her fans get out of seeing her go through those emotional and private struggles in the film.</P><P></p><div class="player-placeholder right" title="Katy Perry Wants To Be An Example To Her Fans" id="vid:811883" width="415" height="255"></div><p></P><P>"It's not about the problem; it's about how you solve it," Perry said. "And if I can be an example showing people that they don't have to lay down and die because they've been thrown a curveball, then that's great. If I can help someone else out because they feel like the only loner in the world or the only person that is going through the situation and they see me and they're inspired to keep moving forward, then I've done my job."</P><P><a href="http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1688266/katy-perry-part-of-me-divorce.jhtml">Perry has said previously</a> that she wants people to see her living her life, including her personal struggles and professional triumphs.</P><P>"In my personal struggle, you see me not changing and not giving up on this dream that I've had my whole life. Hopefully people are inspired by that," Perry said. "You don't always see me with all the gorgeous lighting and makeup on and all that. I think it's fine. Hollywood is so fake and people need to realize that people are just people, and you, too, don't need to be born into something or have money or have whatever product someone is hawking on you. Find out what your gift is and nurture it.</P><P>"The truth will always prevail," Perry continued, speaking to how and why she wanted to show her side of the breakup onscreen. "Everything has to be handled with integrity and appropriately, and it's not nice to air all your dirty laundry, because that stinks, so I had to be very delicate with the situation, but I couldn't avoid the elephant in the room," she explained. "If you were to have seen that movie and walked out and [my breakup] wasn't at all mentioned like it never happened, you'd be like, 'Eh, this is weird, what is she trying to hide?' I don't like to hide."</P><P><b>Check out everything we've got on <a href="http://www.mtv.com/movies/movie/500048/moviemain.jhtml">"Katy Perry: Part of Me."</a></P><P>For <a href="http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/">young Hollywood news, fashion and "Twilight" updates</a> around the clock, visit <a href="http://hollywoodcrush.mtv.com/" rel="nofollow">HollywoodCrush.MTV.com</a>.</b></P><P></p><div class="player-placeholder right" title="Katy Perry: Part Of Me 3D" id="vid:758627" width="415" height="255"></div><p></p>

Related Photos Related Artists

Tiger Woods Britney Spears U2 Sandra Bullock

No comments:

Post a Comment